September 15, 2017 (Malta, NY) – Rob Yetman and Nick Stone headed into the King Of Dirt Racing Pro Stock finale at Devil’s Bowl Speedway separated by a mere seven points. Kenny Martin Jr. had a shot at the title also and did just what he needed to do, which was win. Rob Yetman had to survive.
Kenny Martin Jr. and Rich Crane led the field to green during the 29 lap Carl Vladyka Memorial. Yellow quickly flew on lap one when Devon Camenga found himself facing the wrong way in turn three collecting up Jeff Washburn.
Back to green flag racing and Martin went to the lead, while Nick Stone began working the high side on Jon Routhier for third. Just a lap later all heck broke loose when Nick Stone lost the handles in turn one on the 27n spinning and collecting up Jason Casey, Byron Wescott, and Rob Yetman the point leader.
All drivers were able to drive away from the incident, however the Lazzaro’s Auto Body team seven for Rob Yetman scrambled on pit road to remove pieces of the front end damaged. He’d return with no fender, hood, or front bumper. Before the green flag would come back out Kenny Martin Jr. had assumed the point lead. The KOD Pro Stock title was in his grasp.
Green flag flew once again for a single file restart and Martin went back to leading the event. Crane and Routhier continued to battle, with Newcomer Of The Year Jason Meltz and Jeff Washburn having their own battle for position.
- 24 solid drivers signed in for the King Of Dirt Racing Small Block Modified Series Small Block Nationals presented by Mueller’s Towing & Recovery, Roosevelt’s, and Elmo’s Speed Supply at Albany Saratoga Speedway Friday September 15, 2017.
- Bobby Varin earned his 1st career KOD 358 Modified tour victory in epic fashion.
- During post race tech all top five cars passed the p&g.
- Demetrios Drellos has had good runs go bad this season for one reason or another. This time the kid wasn’t to be denied. He battled for the lead, slid back to third, and climbed back into 2nd taking part of an epic Small Block Modified race at Albany Saratoga.
- Matt DeLorenzo needed a good finish on tour and he got it with a solid 4th place run. The tour now heads to a place DeLorenzo has claimed a championship at.
- Jimmy Cottrell made good at his home track with a 7th place finish and earned the Hoosier Tire hard charger.
- The Small Block Nationals has been regarded by many race fans as the best race of the year at Albany Saratoga. Without question the best Small Block event.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2017 ELMO’S SPEED SUPPLY KING OF DIRT RACING SMALL BLOCK MODIFIED SERIES PRESENTED BY MUELLER’S TOWING & RECOVERY AND ROOSEVELT’S SMALL BLOCK NATIONALS FINISH AT ALBANY SARATOGA SPEEDWAY (40 Laps) – 1) Bobby Varin, 2) Demetrios Drellos, 3) Jeremy Wilder, 4) Matt DeLorenzo, 5) Kenny Tremont Jr., 6) Jessey Mueller, 7) Jimmy Cottrell, 8) Ronnie Johnson, 9) Neil Stratton, 10) Marc Johnson, 11) Matt Depew, 12) Jack Lehner, 13) Brian Gleason, 14) Jason Herrington, 15) Ricky Davis, 16) Dillon Steuer, 17) Michael Sabia, 18) Rich Ronca, 19) Brett Haas, 20) Elmo Reckner, 21) Allison Ricci, 22) Nick Lussier, 23) Jim Introne Jr., 24) Lance Harting.
Heat Race Winners – Jeremy Wilder, Ronnie Johnson, & Jessey Mueller.
Lap Leaders – Jeremy Wilder (1-28), Bobby Varin (29-40).
Hard Charger – Jimmy Cottrell (+7)
Fast Axle Superior Sixth – Jessey Mueller ($50 Certificate)
J-Tees Fast Timer – Jeremy Wilder (15.797)
Newcomer Of The Race – Demetrios Drellos (2nd)
For more information on the King Of Dirt Racing Series visit on the web at http://www.kingofdirtracing.com.
You can also find King Of Dirt via Twitter @kodracingseries or @kodracing.
Look for KOD also on Instagram @kingofdirtracing or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/kingofdirtracing.
Follow King Of Dirt Racing Series happenings via Instagram @kingofdirtracing.
For more information on DIRTcar Racing visit http://www.dirtcar.com.
KING OF DIRT RACING is brought to you in part by sponsors and partners that include: Albany-Saratoga Speedway, Devil’s Bowl Speedway, Fonda Speedway, Lebanon Valley Speedway, Utica Rome Speedway, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, A-1 Installers, Adirondac Leather, Andy’s Speed Shop, Beyea Custom Headers & Exhaust, Bicknell Racing Products, Bill McGaffin Photography, Bruno’s Towing & Recovery, Buff’s Auto Service, Burt’s Tree Service, Central NY Motorsports, Dean’s Electrical Service, Dirt Track Digest, DKM Fabrication, DMC Racing Products, Dodson Construction, Electric City Taxi, Elmo’s Auto Body, Elmo’s Speed Supply, Extreme Speed & Performance, Fast Axle, Fastline Performance, Flach Performance Products, Fox Racing Shocks, HICO Fabrication, Herrington Farms Inc., Hoosier Racing Tire, J-Tees Screen Printing, Lazzaro’s Auto Body, Macedon Parts Plus, Mayhem Motorsports, Moore 2 Music Entertainment, Mueller & Sons Towing/Recovery, NAPA Auto Parts Of Gloversville/Johnstown, Next Generation Roofing, PFC Brakes, R3 Graphics, Race Pro Weekly, Racers Guide, Redline Graphics, Roosevelt’s, Saratoga Masonry, Simplicity Designs, Speed’s Garage, Stone Motorsports.