*NEW* 2020 King of Dirt Racing Point System
- REGULAR EVENTS: 1st – 50, 2nd – 48, 3rd – 46, descending by 2 points per position to a minimum of 10 points (21st place and lower).
- DNQ REGULAR EVENTS: 10 Points.
- DNS REGULAR EVENTS: Last-Place position, minus-2 points (minimum 10 points).
- QUALIFYING HEATS: 1st – 5, 2nd – 4, 3rd – 3, 4th – 2, 5th – 1, all other starters – 1.
- NORTHEAST CRATE NATIONALS EVENT: All point values doubled.
2020 Driver Eligibility Rules
- Any driver competing in a Sportsman Modified or similar division based on the GM “602” Crate Engine platform, or in any lower-ranking division, is eligible to compete and earn championship points.
- Drivers may not compete in more than ONE (1) event in a Big Block Modified or a Small Block “358” Modified in 2020. Upon competing in two (2) or more such events, driver will forfeit all KOD Crate Modified Series points earned to date and will be ineligible to earn additional points for the balance of the season.
- Drivers not meeting above criteria may be evaluated on an individual, case-by-case basis, and exceptions may be made in rare instances. KOD officials will have final discretion with all drivers.
- Big Block/Small Block Modified drivers who are also regular competitors in a weekly Sportsman-level division at a KOD Member Track will be permitted to compete in KOD events at their home track event(s) only. These drivers will be eligible for purse money but will not earn KOD points.