CLICK TO DOWNLOAD DRIVER REGISTRATION FORM
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD W9 FORM
KING OF DIRT RACING 2023 BASIC SERIES INFORMATION
– King Of Dirt Racing shifted from a traveling series to a primarily weekly racing format. KOD still hosts events such as the Northeast Crate Nationals, and may host others in the future.
– Series points for 2023 will be determined based on a drivers best 13 finishes from their home track(s) and/or series events.
– To Register drivers simply need to sign up, pay required registration fees, and KOD will take care of the rest documenting finishes along with maintaining point standings for each registered driver in Sportsman Modified, Limited Sportsman, and Pro Stock divisions. Drivers can fill out the online registration form with ALL required information to register, as well as printing the form, filling it out entirely, and mailing it to KOD. Drivers are also required to fill out a W9 to receive any point fund monies and it is required drivers read and understand the Indemnity and Release portion of registering to compete with KOD.
– Drivers who compete at multiple tracks will have the opportunity to register finishes from each by paying a registration fee separately for each track and/or series they want to combine finishes from. KOD is open to any driver racing Sportsman Modified, Limited Sportsman, or Pro Stock from any race track in the Northeast!
– Sportsman Modified includes any Crate Sportsman and/or Open Sportsman divisions.
– Limited Sportsman includes any Limited, Novice, or Rookie divisions.
– Pro Stocks are self explanatory, but include any DIRTcar Pro Stock competitors.
– Driver Eligibility is open to competitors who race weekly at dirt tracks (no asphalt) that run Crate Sportsman, Open Sportsman, Limited Sportsman (including Novice, Rookie, etc), and Pro Stock divisions. Drivers in these divisions are eligible to register and earn point fund monies if they finish in paying positions.
DIVISIONS FOR 2023
– Sportsman Modified division is open to any registered competitor racing traditional Crate 602 Sportsman or Open Sportsman divisions at dirt tracks (no asphalt). For series purposes we recognize all titles (crate or open) under the Sportsman Modified name. With King Of Dirt Racing drivers are not forced into a tire brand, fuel type, rules package, or divided by sanctioning body. Whatever a drivers preferred weekly home track(s) and/or series rules require are the rules they should follow. KOD is only interested in driver finishes, driver success, promoting it, and rewarding drivers for it.
– Limited Sportsman division is open to any registered competitor racing traditional Limited, Novice, Rookie, or any other version of a limited experience Sportsman division at dirt tracks (no asphalt). For series purposes we recognize all titles under the Limited Sportsman name. With King Of Dirt Racing drivers are not forced into a tire brand, fuel type, rules package, or divided by sanctioning body. Whatever a drivers preferred weekly home track(s) and/or series rules require are the rules they should follow. KOD is only interested in driver finishes, driver success, promoting it, and rewarding drivers for it.
– Pro Stock division is open to any registered competitor racing traditional Northeast style Pro Stock divisions at dirt tracks (no asphalt). With King Of Dirt Racing drivers are not forced into a tire brand, fuel type, rules package, or divided by sanctioning body. Whatever a drivers preferred weekly home track(s) and/or series rules require are the rules they should follow. KOD is only interested in driver finishes, driver success, promoting it, and rewarding drivers for it.
HOW KOD DRIVERS EARN POINTS
– Drivers Earn Points via the King Of Dirt Racing sliding point scale listed below based on their best 13 finishes from their registered weekly home dirt track(s) and/or series. (Note: There are no longer bonus points based on field size)
– Points Earned come from registered drivers weekly home dirt track(s) and/or series. New for 2023 drivers can earn points by combining finishes of their registered tracks and/or series. They simply need to pay a separate registration fee to count finishes from each they choose.
– Points Also Earned can come from not only weekly racing at a drivers home dirt track, but a driver can now register a series if they plan to run. For Example: If a driver is running DIRTcar Sportsman, they can register their finishes by paying the registration fee to do so. This means they would then be eligible to use finishes from the DIRTcar Sportsman tour including Super Dirt Week in Oswego. If a driver races STSS they can register those finishes.
– Combined Finishes are permitted in 2023 provided drivers have properly registered the tracks and/or series they wish to have finishes counted from. For Example: If a driver races 2 tracks weekly and the DIRTcar Sportsman tour, their total registration would be $150 and all finishes from those track and series events can be combined into a drivers best 13 finishes for the season.
– Any and All Races on a track and/or series schedule between February 1, 2023 and November 1, 2023 are eligible finishes drivers can use towards their best 13 finishes, which directly contribute to a drivers KOD point standings. In the event an individual track doesn’t reach a minimum of 14 finishes, drivers may opt in finishes from other contests they attend past the date of their home tracks final event. In 2023 this option is offered, as KOD can’t control certain variables such as tracks changing schedules or weather.
– Driver Ties in KOD point standings are determined by preset tie-breakers in this order: Wins, 2nd place finishes, 3rd place finishes, 4th place finishes, 5th place finishes, and so on. For Example: If two drivers have the same amount of points we look to wins first and place driver with more wins above the other in standings.
– Point Standings will be listed separately for all three KOD divisions including Sportsman Modified, Limited Sportsman, and Pro Stock. There is no longer a need to list a drivers best track if they register multiple, because finishes are now eligible to be combined. For Example: If a Pro Stock racer runs Friday night and Saturday night, they can combine finishes between the two tracks towards their best 13 finishes. If they then also run the DIRTcar Pro Stock tour, those finishes can be combined as well. All will directly contribute towards a drivers KOD point standings.
– No Bonus Points for 2023. KOD has replaced the average car count bonus points previously awarded at the end of the season, with a real time sliding point scale. The sliding point scale is very simple to follow and real time from beginning to end of the KOD season. Each event a driver competes in will be scored separately based on car counts for that particular race. If the field size is 16 cars or more the point scale is 103 for a win, 100 for 2nd, down by 1 point to last. If the field size is 15 cars or less the point scale is 100 for a win, 97 for 2nd, down by 1 point to last.
– Points Are Real Time from the beginning of the season until the end. Previously KOD shared point standings based on tracks having the same minimum number of races ran. In 2023 KOD will list point standings real time based on each race a competitor scores points for from the time their season starts until the time their season ends. PLEASE NOTE: This means some tracks start earlier than others. Drivers may see a fellow competitor with three races already run before they race their first. DON’T WORRY, as you are not behind. Once all competitors get to their best 13 the points balance out and drivers will notice they climb the point standings should they have solid finishes.
KOD POINT SYSTEM BREAKDOWN
– Point System developed by King Of Dirt Racing has a tried and proven track record of promoting both competitive balance and dramatic title chases. Points for 2023 will be awarded based on a simple sliding point scale per event as follows:
– 16 Cars Or More a driver earns 103 points for a win, 100 points for second, down by 1 point to last. Drivers who DNQ (did not qualify) or DNS (did not start) earn 10 points less than the last place finisher. Reminder: It is based on field size.
– 15 Cars Or Less a driver earns 100 points for a win, 97 for second, down by 1 point to last. Drivers who DNQ (did not qualify) or DNS (did not start) earn 10 points less than the last place finisher. Reminder: It is based on field size.
– No Bonus Points in 2023. As mentioned above, and information provided, KOD has replaced the field size bonus points with a sliding point scale. This provides drivers real time points throughout the racing season from start to finish. The reason for at least the sliding point scale, is there must be some sort of reward for drivers who compete versus larger fields.
– Drivers Registering for the 2023 season can do so now by completing the online registration form with all required information or printing out the registration form and mailing it to King Of Dirt Racing.
– Sportsman Modified Registration Costs are $50 per track and/or series. Also keep in mind, if a driver races a track that runs multiple divisions such as 2 tire brands (American Racer or Hoosier) and/or multiple divisions such as Open Sportsman and Crate Sportsman, each must be registered separately even though finishes can be combined. For Example: If a driver races 2 nights weekly and follows the DIRTcar Sportsman tour (or the STSS Sportsman Tour) their total registration cost if they choose to register all event finishes from the three would be $150.
– Pro Stock Registration Costs are $50 per track and/or series. For Example: If a driver races 2 nights a week and follows the DIRTcar Pro Stock tour their total registration cost if they choose to register event finishes from all three would be $150.
– Limited Sportsman Registration Costs are $25 per track. For Example: If a driver races 2 nights a week their total registration cost if they choose to register both nights finishes would be $50.
– Driver Registration Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Driver registration fees go directly into the point fund. This has been a tradition at KOD with registration fees in years past, and continues into the future. There will be a comprehensive list on the King Of Dirt Racing website of drivers who are registered to compete for the crown in 2023.
2023 POINT FUND GOALS PER DIVISION
– Sportsman Modified Top 15 Point Fund Goal: TBA.
– Limited Sportsman Top 10 Point Fund Goal: TBA.
– Pro Stock Top 10 Point Fund Goal: TBA.
|– ATTENTION CANADIAN DRIVERS: When paying registration fees our card reader no longer takes CC’s issued in Canada. We apologize for any inconvenience. Not a problem, we have some other hassle free options. We can take PayPal or CashApp as well as you can send us a money order or check. Contact us with any questions. We look forward to helping you.|
|– King Of Dirt Racing Sportsman Modified Registration Fee: $50 Per Track and/or $50 Per Division (Crate/Open) and/or $50 Per Series (DIRTcar/STSS)|
|– King Of Dirt Racing Pro Stock Registration Fee: $50 Per Track and/or $50 Per Series (DIRTcar)|
|– King Of Dirt Racing Limited Sportsman Registration Fee: $25 Per Track|
|– INDEMNITY AND RELEASE AGREEMENT: By sending the 2023 registration form the driver hereby agrees to abide by all King Of Dirt Racing scoring and participation rules, regulations, and by-laws. In addition, the registering driver hereby agrees to and understands all stipulations set forth in the indemnity and release section of series rules available on http://www.kingofdirtracing.com and does so under their own free will and voluntarily. Driver also agrees to pay any fees at the time their registration is submitted. Drivers will not be listed as an official entrant to KOD until registration fee(s) are paid.|
|– Please Be Aware: By sending an online registration form you are authorizing Bruno Properties LLC, 2743 VT Rt. 22A, West Haven, VT 05743 to process a one time payment for any registration fees required to compete with King Of Dirt Racing. |
– Also Be Aware there is a small 4% CC processing fee. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact KOD at email@example.com with subject matter “Registration.” Make sure to like and follow KOD on Facebook for all the latest updates.
– Thank You for choosing to participate with King Of Dirt Racing and good luck in your quest to be king!
|NOTE: Rules Are Subject To Change If Absolutely Necessary To Ensure Competitive Balance.|
|CLICK HERE TO READ DRIVER INDEMNITY & RELEASE INFORMATION|